Sunday, December 11, 2022

Sunday Snippets!

Hi Playmates

Wow it's been a freezing and chilly old week hasn't it? No snow at the time of writing this blog post, but the hard frost looks so white and pretty.

Here's my homework for today: 

5" square card
  1. I brushed Navy Blue ink through my latest stencil acquisition (MASKBJ04 by Studio Light), then added some random dotty stamping using various grungy stamps.
  2. The focal flower was die-cut from a snippet of watercolour paper that I'd used Brushos on (see photo below). 
  3. Finished off with a Uniko sentiment using Navy Blue ink and second gen stamping onto a small white snippet which was then cut out with scissors and glued to the card front.
The snippet of watercolour paper
I used

Can you believe there's only two weeks to go until the Big Day! Time sure is slipping by! 

If you want to come and play at the SNIPPETS PLAYGROUND there's a new challenge just waiting for your homework submission HERE! We have sausage rolls, mince pies, toasted crumpets, tea, coffee and hot toddies up in the Treehouse for you, whenever you've finished playing.

23 comments:

  1. Love this Sarn, another great colour combo, unusual but really works especially with all the added details xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous work combining that brilliant stencil with the other elements - very impactful (if that's a word 😂). Certainly mighty chilly today, need lots of hot chocolate..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely love this beautiful creation Sarn, the choice of colours are so striking. Minus 6 here this morning and freezing fog as well, Winter's well and truly set in.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Sarn the stencilled background is stunning and a great petal used from snippets that’s the way to produce a fabulous card, -4 here today it’s definitely a cold 🥶 day stay warm xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this Sarn. The colours, stencilling and grungy bits are just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely make, that SU lines image really pulls your card together making for a fabulous card

    Happy Sunday to you and your readers

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks amazing Sarn I really love this design superb make
    hugs
    lolo x

    ReplyDelete
  8. A fabulous card Sarn.
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another gorgeous card Sarn … very funky and stylish as always
    Pauline xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. You always made the most elegant cards with your snippets from recycled paper! Love so much this one, the stencilled/stamped background really makes the flower pop!!
    I will come later to the Playground for a hot chocolate and a slice of mince pie, thank you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. So beautiful and creative. I love how you've placed the stencilling and stamping. It's very inspiring. Save a crumpet for me!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful stencilling and stamping.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh! This is gorgeous Sarn, I love how you did the background and the beautiful flower. A Wonderful and very pleasing card.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loving the colours Sarn and the stenciling gives the flower a pretty, frosty look I think! No, definitely not ready but sausage rolls and mince pies will keep my strength up ;) Sending hygge, Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a stunning birthday card! I just love how you created and put this together! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a gorgeous card Sarn! Lovely work, as always.

    Hugs

    Di xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. A stunning card Sarn, I love it.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Stunning card with your stenciling and gorgeous snippet!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the design of this Sarn with the pretty background stencilling going diagonally across the card, and the central circle of dots which displays the beautiful flower, of course cut from a snippet, just perfectly, and finished with a lovely added sentiment. x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great use of stencilling and a very stylish design.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love this layout, wonderful card, xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. All comments are really appreciated and I will aim to return the compliment if you have a blog link.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.