Hi Friends
I was just about to throw an empty(!) Frusli box into the recycling bin, when I thought: "Hey, I could die-cut that and get creative instead of throwing it away!"
So I did!
Want to see the results? Of course you do - why else would you be reading this!!!! A bit picture heavy - so grab a cuppa!
![]() |
| Funky Fossil Washi tape at left edge; upcycled die-cut flowers and a grunge stamp for grounding; finished with a stamped sentiment by Printworks. |
![]() |
| Two upcycled die-cuts and a large Winnie & Walter sentiment stamp. |
![]() |
| Upcycled die-cut bird branch; Uniko sentiment & Aall & Create washi tape at the bottom. |
![]() |
| The original packaging I was just about to throw away |




Didn't even know what a Frusli box was - good job you included a pic at the end 🤣. Great cards and well done for recycling in a creative way.
ReplyDeleteCracking use of the Frusli box and some lovely makes. I like that you also deployed washi tape ... mostly, my washi tape gets used to lightly hold things in place!!!
ReplyDeleteHappy Wednesday
Kathyk
Great upcycling Sarn! Your box has made a lovely selection of cards! xx
ReplyDeleteVery stylish cards Sarn and fab up cycling … beautiful die cuts. I don’t have any washi tape .. I think I need some !!
ReplyDeletePauline xx
Great recycling Sarn, very smart looking cards and particularly like the first with the contract washi strip.
ReplyDeleteB x
That could mean contrast even!
ReplyDeleteB x
They are all beautiful! I sometimes do this myself as it looks like kraft cardstock to me. Awesome recycling and great photos!
ReplyDeleteOh my, so now we can't throw anything away! Genius idea and teaming with the washi tape makes some really smart cards. x
ReplyDeleteI'm so SO happy to see that you are making my street, Sarn! :D It's always a surprise looking inside the packagings, there are interesting and tactile things in them, as the colours or the consistency, sometime also textures... :D
ReplyDeleteLove the light grey of the diecuts from your Frusli packaging and the simple but very impressive cards you made with it! The bird of the branch one is my favourite of the trio! Love the match with the washi tape, great idea!
Hugs
Three fabulous cards from what would of been trash, very inspiring!
ReplyDeleteAll fab cards, Sarn. We go through a lot of boxes; I may never buy kraft card stock again.
ReplyDeleteSuch a (nother) great idea Sarn! Trouble is I will now have to check all my recycling before it goes in the box! Lovely cards, the first is my fave, just love the composition xxx
ReplyDeleteSarn l just adore all of what you have created and die cutting images from that box that you was about to throw away no wastage there xx
ReplyDeleteIt's such a great idea to use ordinary packaging in the clever ways that you have shown Sarn. I think you are an honourary womble! Have a lovely weekend (I expect you are spending it on Wimbledon Common!!) Vicky xxx
ReplyDeleteThese are absolutely gorgeous Sarn love the simplicity of the designs I find this so hard to do, great upcycling
ReplyDeletehugs
lorraine x
Great repurpose of that packaging in making these cards! I love the cas designs and they all look so pretty too!
ReplyDeleteWell done on the recycling/upcycling, they all look fab and CAS.
ReplyDelete