I first saw this type of card on Sandy's blog HERE. I followed the link she gave to Splitcoast Stampers HERE, and proceeded to make the card below:

![]() |
| The decorated inside . . . |
I used SCS's instructions - which are great and worked out first time as it's pretty straightforward.
For ease of reference, the details are below:
BASE CARD
Piece of card measuring 5.5" x 11", scored down from the long edge at 1.75", 5.5" and 9.75".
Fold in half at 5.5" score line, then fold both flaps over. One flap goes over the top of the other.
PATTERNED PAPER (You only need ONE piece of 6" x 6" paper)
5.25" x 3.5" (adhere to main area of card front)
5.25" x 1.5" (adhere to largest front flap)
5.25" x 1.0" (adhere to smallest front flap)
CARD WRAP
11" x 1" piece of card.
Wrap this around whole card and adhere the overlapping ends. Decorate with die-cuts or punched items and a sentiment, as desired.
I had a lot of fun making this card, and if you have a go, I hope you enjoy making one too.
HAPPY CRAFTING

I really like the folded effect and how the Happy Birthday is raised and slightly overlapping the oval base. The sprigs either side make it all come together!
ReplyDeleteTotally GORGEOUS make and in such a splendid colour too, pretty sure that the intended recipient will be bowled over to receive it too
ReplyDeleteHappy Wednesday
Kathyk
This looks really good - always nice to come across something a bit different when it comes to interesting folds
ReplyDeleteWow totally stunning card Sarn and so creative just love to see a different design xx
ReplyDeleteA lovely card and a great design.
ReplyDeleteKath x
Amazing card, fantastic gold and great papers and for cuts! Thanks for the directions!
ReplyDeleteFabulous card, Sarn. Love the design of the fold and in my favourite colours too. xx
ReplyDeleteOoh that is gorgeous! So clever too - a wonderful 60th birthday card - really special. Take care and stay safe xxx
ReplyDeleteLovely card Sarn, what a great fold and instructions too. Love the purple and the dies and belly band, it will be received with joy I'm sure.
ReplyDeleteFaith x
This looks amazing Sarn and I bet it will be opened with great interest and pleasure. Hug, Vicky xxx
ReplyDeleteWhat a super style of card, great dies and like the white on the purple and the purple on the white. Lovely creation.
ReplyDeleteKath x
Such a beautiful card Sarn and an unusual shape that I've not seen before.
ReplyDeleteSue xx
This is just stunning and such a beautiful card for a milestone birthday! I love the two colors and fabulous fun fold!
ReplyDeleteLovely card and fancy food Sarn xxx
ReplyDeleteHi Sandra
ReplyDeleteA special card for a special birthday.
Thank you for taking the time to share the measurements .. .. I think a few of this style of card will be appearing around blogland!
Hope all is good with you.
Love Jules xx
Hey Sarn, it's me, Sarah Mac (waving at you). So far spell check has changed your name to Darn and Earn :-). Love the card, I've taken up card making too in the past year, might post some on the Fudge blog if I can remember how. Lots of love lovely xx
ReplyDelete