Sunday, February 14, 2021

Happy PALentine's Day!

Happy PALentine's Day! Wait, WHAT?

Yes, that's right, apparently Valentine's Day now appears to include PALentine's and GALentine's Day versions.

However, I'm willing to play along this year because we all need a bit of extra love and appreciation at present don't we? So, I'm sending all my Blog Pals a hug with the card below . . . to let you know I appreciate all your visits and comments. THANKS peeps . . . here's a card just for you:

The How To:
  • First I took a piece of white card and stamped the Snoopy image in VersaFine  Claire (VFC) Twilight ink and stuck a mask over the top. 
  • Then, using a home-made circle stencil, I applied SU Rose Red ink through the circle with a brush.
  • Next I took my trusty Tim Holtz Flourish stencil and continued to brush the same ink through it with the circle stencil still in place.
  • Once happy with the background inking, I removed the Snoopy mask and stamped the sentiment (made up from 2 different stamp sets) with VFC Twilight ink.
  • Finally I die-cut the image using a Heffy Doodle stitched rectangle and matted it onto some Rose Red cardstock.

16 comments:

  1. Happy Palentine's Day to you too, Sarn! Love the name! Yes, we need all the pals we can get in these times!
    Have a wonderful day - and I love your Snoop card with his arms outstretched for a big hug!
    Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's the 'y' for Snoopy which didn't show in my first message!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And, how TOTALLY fabulous your card is. I don't know whether it's because of the image, the stencil, the colour or the fact you placed it all in a circle but - great make and Happy Palentines Day to you too matey

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy PALentine's Day to you as well - first I'd heard of any variations on the VALentine. Makes you wonder what 'they' will think of next doesn't it. This is a super card and who doesn't love Snoopy - great how-to as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fur-bulous! 2 can play at this game!
    Happy Pal-entine’s Day Sarn. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well I'm a fan as I don't see why romantic love should have all the attention when other equally important forms of love and appreciation get ignored! Happy PAL-entines Day to you too my friend and I think Snoopy jumping for joy on a beautiful stencilled background is the perfect ambassador! Hug, Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here here . . . All types of love SHOULD be celebrated xxx

      Delete
  7. Awwwww Snoopy and a hug - what more could you ask for? (Well maybe choklit and wine as well but.....)
    Happy Palentine's day to you too. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Valentine's Day to you too! Love this card, it is stunning and so uplifting. Where did you find the snoopy stamp?

    ReplyDelete
  9. A fantastic card Sarn, sending hugs right back at you.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. A fabulous card Sarn - sending hugs to you too!
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cute and a beautiful thought too Sarn. I agree go along with it "This Year".
    Keep safe
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hugs received with thanks and the pleasure of seeing this lovely creation, a super CAS card, fun image and love the circle background.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ohh how thoughtful l just love your card and adorable snoopy really made my day xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. So cute! Who doesn't love Snoopy? Hugs to you too. Take care and stay safe xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Super cute and fun card with Snoopy! I hope your valentine's day was a fun one for you :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. All comments are really appreciated and I will aim to return the compliment if you have a blog link.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.