Wednesday, November 26, 2025

Textured ATCs

Hi there!

Today I have a couple of textured ATCs to share - but be warned - this post is a bit photo heavy! Both ATCs were originally playing cards, which I trimmed to 2.25" x 3.25" and rounded the corners so that I could mount them onto a 2.5" x 3.5" base.

Here's the first:

ATC
Attempting to show you the embossed texture
of the base and the flower.

ATC MATERIALS:

  • Focal flower: Flower head from a retired Stampin' Up! set, coloured with yellow & orange Distress Inks then heat embossed with clear EP. The stem and leaves are from Tim Holtz Flower Garden CMS125, stamped in black VFC ink, then heat embossed with clear EP.
  • Background: Stamps from Studio Light Grunge set SL GR STAMP229 and Creative Expressions Arty Background stamp set CEC-784. Base was created by painting and smearing the playing card with a mixture of black, white and turquoise gesso. (Yes! You read that right . . . TURQUOISE gesso - by Jane Davenport!)
  • Texture: created with different layers of gesso; heating embossing and the flower head was stuck to the card with a foam pad.

I couldn't believe how glossy the flower turned out. I had simply stamped it onto some plain old copy paper and coloured it with a yellow and orange Distress Inks. I liked it like that - but, as I had the heat gun and embossing stuff out on my desk, I wondered what would happen if I dabbed a VersaMark ink pad onto it and covered it with clear embossing powder! This was the delightful result:

Sooooo glossy! Happy days!

I would like to enter the flower ATC into the TAG ALONG & ATCs CHALLENGE where the theme is to ADD TEXTURE.

Delighted to be picked.

This is how the playing cards looked at first:

I covered the playing cards with
gesso and acrylic paints.

Here's the other textured ATC I made from the above:

The photo below shows how it looked after the gesso & acrylic paint, with the added stamping, stencilling  and heat embossing, but minus the chicken and flower "sun" and the sentiment which I cut out from a magazine and inked.

If you managed to get to the end of this longer blog post . . . congrats and THANK YOU!

12 comments:

  1. You've rocked these ATC's, they look great. Loving the glossy flower

    Happy Wednesday, -1° so it's going to be a day to stay in and craft!!

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great ATCs and great idea using old playing cards, love the brilliant gloss on that flower!>
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great use of playing cards, the glossy flower is absolutely amazing, I really love the effect, the chicken is soooo funny, great background too xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Sarn so much talent that’s never ending and the glossy essence looks great really enhances the petals xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow what a playtime you had and such fabulous results! You definitely are awesome xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A post full of loveliness Sarn, many thanks for sharing anther with us at Tag-Along (and ATC's).

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely long and interesting post and of course two fabulous textured ATCs to admire at the end. Brilliant, and who knew that gesso came in anything other than black and white - a mine of information 🤪

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love how these turned out Sarn, you have a fabulous way with backgrounds, and the shiny flower looks really gorgeous. You make such wonderful ATC’s - I just wish I could find the motivation to start making them again xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the glossy flower, great experiment that paid off big time. I love the chicken ATC, the sentiment is just perfect for it. Thanks also for joining us again atTag-Along (and ATC's) challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks wonderful, I do use playing cards in my journals too, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Sarn your flower ATC is absolutely stunning and bursting with texture for sure!! Loving your cute chick one too.
    Thanks for playing along with us at Tag-along (and ATC's).
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wooow.. this ATC is amazing! So Wonderful!

    Hugs,
    Conny

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. All comments are really appreciated and I will aim to return the compliment if you have a blog link.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.