Sunday, November 23, 2025

Sunday Snippets - a Christmas Candle

Hi Playmates!

There's a new challenge to play along with over at the SNIPPETS PLAYGROUND hosted by Miss Di for the next fortnight.

For my homework I was messing about in Art Class and drew a small candle on a snippet of white card. I quite liked it - so I mounted it onto a black snippet of card after rounding all the corners with a punch. I was inspired to draw the candle having seen Tina Cox’s designs for Clarity Stamp. (However, I figured I could draw a candle myself and save £20!)

It was still quite a small image due to the size of the snippet I picked, so I reached for a long strip of white card (a snippet left from making my own card blanks). The strip measured 2.5" x 11.5", so I scored it at 4", 8" & 9¾" to make a zigzag card base.

Side view to show the card shape.

A face-on shot!

After making the card shape, I stencilled over it and glued the candle to the front panel. Then added the Merry Christmas sentiment.

Materials:

  • Hand drawn candle, coloured with Tombow pens.
  • Retired sentiment by Clearly Besotted*
  • Stencils: "Dotty Circles" (magazine cover gift); "Bubbles" Dinky Stencil TC005 by That's Crafty.
  • Snippets - ALL the pieces of card used for the card.
*EDITED to say I originally stated that Clearly Besotted were no longer trading but this is not the case. I’ve checked and the owner, Stephanie, says her little business is fully operational. 

11 comments:

  1. Loving your hand crafted candle card, very elegant indeed! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super drawing of the candle - who needs stamps with a result like this 🤣. Very resourceful way you used your snippets to come up with an interesting card style.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How effective is that stencil behind your elegantly drawn candle.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great hand drawn candle, super make

    Happy Snippet Day

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful drawn candle Sarn, so elegant. I love how you’ve mounted it on the zig zag card xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the card fold and stencilling, beautiful hand drawn candle and £20 saved-win all round.
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks great, lovelly fold card, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! So clever Sarn - love the candle. And I imagine it's no accident how the back panel of the zig-zag card looks like reflections from the candle flame! Gorgeous.
    Hugs
    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great way to make a card base from a strip and a beautifully drawn candle too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card , beautiful candle💐😊 happy day

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so different and gorgeous candle card your drawing is amazing Sarn x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. All comments are really appreciated and I will aim to return the compliment if you have a blog link.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.