Hi Playmates!
It's been such lovely weather this week, that we've had tonnes of fun running around playing 'Tag, You're It". All that running around has fair worn me out - so it's up to the Treehouse for some refreshments!
In the Sunday Morning Breakfast Club we'll be enjoying croissants & hot cross buns, heated up in the microwave, plus as much tea or coffee as you can manage. Here's hoping you remembered to put your clocks forward if you're in the UK!
I'm hosting a new challenge over at the SNIPPETS PLAYGROUND for the next fortnight. This is your opportunity to use up snippets (scraps/leftovers) in your creative projects, then skip over to the Playground for a 'show and tell' via Mr Linky.
For my homework this week I made a gatefold card with a coffee theme and a vintage vibe!
| The card measures 5.5" square |
Details:
- 11" x 5.5" piece of white card scored at 2.75" each side to create the gatefold shape.
- Patterned paper snippets: two panels, each measuring 2.25" x 5"; a square measuring 2.25" x 2.25". A further piece to stamp the mug on and fussy cut (optional).
- 2 x square snippets of white card: one measuring 2.75" x 2.75", the other 2" x 2".
- Coffee mug from the Tim Holtz "Fresh Brewed" (THMB025) stamp set by Stampers Anonymous. The mug was stamped onto the smallest white square, then again onto a snippet of the patterned paper, fussy cut and glued over the stamped image. This was layered up and mounted as shown in the photo, ensuring only the left hand side of the central panel was glued on to the left hand panel of the main card.
- Coffee bean stamps from an Aall & Create set were added at opposing corners.
While I was making one coffee-themed gatefold card . . . I decided to make another - see below:
Same measurements as the first card for the gatefold. I altered the dimensions of the middle piece to suit the size of the coffee cup and sentiment. The card front was double stencilled - first with Aall & Create Cloister Grille in a light brown, then with Funky Fossil's retired Caffeine Buzz stencil in a darker brown ink. The coffee cup is by Uniko, stamped in brown ink and the flower coloured in with 2 shades of orange Tombow pens. The central panel (made entirely from snippets) was stuck to the left hand gate!
Fabulous coffee themed cards Sarn, I’ll certainly need some caffeine this morning, losing an hours sleep. Congratulations on your awesome previous card being showcased on Allsorts. I’ll see you in the treehouse for breakfast xxx
ReplyDeleteWell Sarn, you might have been bust in the playground, but still found time to create two lovely coffee themes cards. As with Lesley, miss that hour, might make an exception and make it three espresso's this morning.
ReplyDeleteB x
Two splendiferous makes you have too, can't make up my mind which I like the best!
ReplyDeleteHappy Snippets Day
Kathyk
Who doesn't love a vintage coffee or two - great Snippets cards
ReplyDeleteSuper coffee cards Sarn!
ReplyDeleteFabulous coffee themed cards love the Vintage effect paper. Could do with my coffee and chocolate soon as hardly slept at all last night and we lost an hour too!!!
ReplyDeleteCarol x
Your coffee theme is a yes from me and great cards you have created l too like the papers used and the colour is a favourite of mine l have my coffee and taking in the views from the summerhouse xx
ReplyDeleteTwo fabulous gatefold cards Sarn and I love the the vintage type dp used on the first, and then the A & C stamp and FF stencil on the second and the added coffee takeaway cup from Uniko looks great. x
ReplyDeleteBoth fabulous and again such clever designs and beautiful too. As for the clocks? We got up with the help of Alexa as always. I went into the kitchen and told hubby the clock had stopped, then noticed the second had was working, which at that moment he remembered he hadn't put the clocks forward, the first time in nearly 60 years of marriage. Must be old age! :) x
ReplyDelete2 fabulous coffee themed cards Sarn, love the images, colours and the who,e vintage vibe xx
ReplyDeleteWonderful coffee themed cards, Sarn! Love the gatefold and think I could do that.
ReplyDeleteHi Sarn
ReplyDeleteMany thanks for the Golden Anniversary wishes. Time flies when you are having fun!
Love your card very much and the gorgeous design paper and paper piecing.
Hope you are enjoying some sunshine today.
Love and hugs
Jules xoxo
Wonderful coffee -themed gatefold cards, Sarn! Glad I popped over from the Snippets playground to see the first one close up! I’m on the DT for a fun fold challenge, and I’d love to see your cards in the Creative Creases Challenge gallery if you’d like to link up here: https://secretstamper.com/2025/03/creative-creases-challenge-101/#more-46719
ReplyDeleteSo glad to see your card in the gallery at Creative Creases! And thanks for visiting my blogš„°
DeleteTwo great coffee themed cards. I really like the stencilling on the second one.
ReplyDeleteFantastic Coffee Cards, Sarn! I especially like the "Davinci" look of the first coffee card. Coffee is always great with a good gate.
ReplyDeleteThank you for playing with us for Creative Creases #101. Hope to see you again soon.
Rae in Reno, DT
Oh, what a wonderful coffee card! The "snippets" were just waiting for the perfect card. These cards are perfect for any coffee lover. Thank you for participating in the Creative Creases Challenge! We hope you can join us again soon. Your support is greatly appreciated!
ReplyDeleteDebbie, DT
Secrets To Stamping
Two fabulous coffee cards and great use of snippets!
ReplyDeletegreat fold and I like all the coffee!
ReplyDelete