Monday, June 10, 2024

Inky ATC Fun!

Yesterday afternoon, I had fun making a few ATCs using snippets and getting inky hands!

4 x ATCs made entirely from snippets

Want to see the process? If so, take a look at the following photo's:

First, I squished a couple of Distress Ink pads onto a
non-stick craft sheet, spritzed them with water and
dragged a stencil through the wet ink.
I dabbed the inky stencil onto white snippets. 

Once the ink was dry, I brushed Black Soot 
Ink through the mini squares stencil.

Guillotined the snippets into 2¼" x 3¼" pieces so that I could
stick them to 2½" x 3½" mats once I'd finished embellishing them.

A very pleasant way to spend a Sunday afternoon in the craft room! I should like to say thank you to a fellow blog pal who kindly sent me the heat embossed elements that were added to the "Bee Happy" ATC. All other die cut embellishments are my own. 

If you've never made an ATC, what's stopping you? The small size is great fun to play around with. The ONLY rule is that the finished size must be 2½" x 3½". Other than that, anything goes. If you have no-one to swap with, I'd be happy to swap an ATC with you on a one-off basis if you let me know in a comment below. Otherwise, I often add them as a topper to an A6 card front.

21 comments:

  1. That certainly sounds like my idea of a brilliant way to spend a Sunday afternoon (or any other afternoon for that matter). A great tutorial too - must give that idea a try. How clever of you to think of using a stencil in that way with the smooshed ink.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous ATCs and backgrounds,love the Bee.
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely makes, particularly loving the bee and the foliage - thanks too, for sharing your process

    Happy Monday

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Inky hands are good Sarn, a very cathartic activity and lovely results as well.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are such wonderful ATC's and once you get involved with something fun, it's hard to pull yourself away from it. I absolutely LOVE these, each of them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these ATC’s Sarn, your explanation of your methodology has definitely made me want to experiment with something similar!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great tutorial Sarn, your inky play certainly came up with some awesome ATCs, you are so inspirational xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Liebe Sarn,

    vielen lieben Dank für Deinen Besuch, Deine ATCs schauen umwerfend aus, ich sollte auch mal wieder welche gestalten.

    Toll zu sehen wie Deine megagenialen Hintergründe entstanden sind.

    Herzliche Grüße
    von Anke

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are gorgeous! I don't make ATC's very often and when I do, I use them for toppers. I must do it again. Take care, hugs xxx💖💖💖

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome ATC's, thanks for explaining how you did the background, I'll give that a try!

    ReplyDelete
  11. BELLISSIME! TUTTE!!! Stupende ATCs, ma anche come toppers sarebbero favolosi!!!
    Io di solito pulisco gli stencils su fogli di carta spruzzandoli con acqua, ma proverò sicuramente la tua tecnica, davvero ispiratrice!! Grazie per il tutorial.
    ...Quello stencil a quadretti e il Black Soot mi mancano e sono davvero d'effetto, devo provvedere :D LOL
    Un abbraccio!

    ReplyDelete
  12. We love an inky hand!! This looks like such a fun technique too and one which I will be trying! Thanks Sarn! Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful Sarn love your tutoral the images stamped onto that fabulous background are stunning what a great day spent making these cards totally well done and the use of snippets too your so creative just love them x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love creating ATCs small and compact and I have used them as card toppers as well .Swapped some as well but not lately .Thanks for sharing yours and their recipe and exciting my entusiasm to try some again .

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love playing around like this, looks great, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. These all brilliant and inspiring. I'd love to do a one off swap with you, that might just be the catalyst to me making at ATC!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent news Lynn. Will sort out. ❤️👍

      Delete
  17. What a wonderful idea, I have to admit not seeing stencils through ink before! Beautifully done Sarn, love the stamps and die cuts on the background too, These are beautiful. x

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love all the inkiness and a great way of making a background sweeping the circles stencil through the ink and transferring the pattern, and the addition of the black though the mini squares, and then the different added images over the top to make four wonderful ATC's Sarn. x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Liebe Sarn,

    ich danke Dir recht herzlich für Deine liebe Überraschungspost, das Vogel-ATC schaut traumhaft schön aus und ganz verliebt bin ich auch in Deine wundervolle Karte.

    Alles Liebe
    wünscht Dir
    Anke

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. All comments are really appreciated and I will aim to return the compliment if you have a blog link.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.