Sunday, May 26, 2024

What's in Sarn's Satchel this Sunday?

Hi Playmates!

In my satchel this week, I have some cheese and crackers, plus a fair few bottles of wine to share out! Lets have a cheese and wine party up in the treehouse! I'm sure Dudley will put on his waiter's bandanna. Di and I will be your hostesses with the mostest!

Here's my homework:

My card was inspired by Pauline's lovely card which made me get out the unbranded triptych die I received at Christmas.

White snippets for the die cut flowers.

The white panels were liberally decorated with multiple inks and a variety of stencils. I overdid it and they looked terrible! To remedy the situation, I painted over the top of the stencilling with an opaque blue acrylic paint, then stamped over the paint with Ranger Archival ink. Happy with the panels at this point, I glued on the white die cut foliage. The panels were then matted onto SU Island Indigo card adhered to the triptych card base. The sentiment was stamped then die cut with a Heffy Doodle stitched rectangle die.

So, why not take a look at your snippets pile, pull a few bits out and see what you can make? Then come over to play in the SNIPPETS PLAYGROUND - there's a lovely prize on offer - or you can just play for fun. 

26 comments:

  1. Looks lovely!
    I like the colors used, and the panels look wonderful!!
    It's an interesting shape!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I struggle to say that word 😂 but I love your tri fold card! Would never have known about the background….just shows most things can be rescued, beautifully in your case. Would love to come to the cheese and wine soirée! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's been one of my favourite dies for a long while and lovely treatment using it today.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glorious triptych, loving your choice of colours, images and dies too

    Happy Snippet Day

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Forgot to say - great save with the "overdone" card too

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've done a marvellous job in 'rescuing' those panels for this gorgeous triptych card and those are some brilliant die cut snippet flowers and sentiment. Great work as always 😊. Please save me a glass of rose to go with my cheese and crackers. Have a good bank holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Sarn this is so beautiful l love the dies and the colour is gorgeous will see you for drinks a little later in the week x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Sarn this is brilliant … I love white die cut flowers (and these ones are my own personal favourite) against a coloured background, and the colour of your panels with the fantastic background stamping works a treat.
    Interesting you managed to get your hands on an unbranded triptych die as the original is no longer available, and someone was asking me where to get one as she wanted to launch a triptych challenge theme! .. but I couldn’t find one anywhere.
    Thanks so much also for the kind mention xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. One of my fav dies and you've used it beautifully. Gorgeous colours and well rescued. Now I'm feeling better I will be on Rose with my cheese and crackers please.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This triptych card is a beautiful shape Sarn and love all the background detail and the added white die cut flowers and the stitched sentiment strip stand out so well over the top. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is just lovely Sarn. I love the folding design which reminds me of those changing screens women used to use to change their clothes in the old movies. Love the blues with all the white die cuts too - very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful save, your card is gorgeous, what a fun die that is, it certainly made an awesome card!! The cheese and crackers sound good, I'll bring some grapes!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Sarn love this tri fold card the colours and die cuts are fabulous the party sounds fun
    hugs
    lolo x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card Sarn, the die-cuts look great against the background paper and I love the look of the sentiment. Totally up for a cheese and wine party :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stunning card Sarn - and I do love that die. Seems to be discontinued, sob. I love the colour combinations you used with the pretty white die cuts - always work so well together.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous triptych fold and background you created and love the die-cut foliage.
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Un favoloso trittico Sarn, adoro la fustella che hai usato! Bella carta e i fiori bianchi sono molto eleganti!
    Ci vediamo più tardi per il party, spero che il vino sia rosso, il mio preferito! :)
    Abbracci!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Sarn,
    I love your fabulous card - very stylish!
    Had to come and take a closer look at how you made it.
    I'll pop back later for the cheese and wine party sounds fun!
    By the way you're it!!
    love Eve xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Absolutely beautiful Sarn! Love these colors!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I would NEVER have known these were revised panels Sarn; everything looks absolutely perfect and the white diecuts are gorgeous against the decorated backgrounds. Love the triptych style too. Hugs, Vicky xxx

    PS Not entirely sure it's a good plan to have a cheese and wine party up a tree...!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very striking, great colors. See you in the treehouse!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great save since you didn't like your panels at first. This is a fun die that I've never seen before. Lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  23. A beautifully decorated triptych card, love the colours you have used with the pretty white floral details.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh, Sarn, it's gorgeous! I love all of the die-cuts you used and your beautiful triptych (new word for me LOL) die. I love how it can be stood there on display for all to see, beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Ooh cheese, I'm there. I've got some Stinking Bishop from a local stall. Stand back everyone.
    This card just shows you should never give up on a project. The panels look perfect, you'd never know. I'll have to look for this die..

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a fabulous save this is a stunning card Sarn, I love the die cut flowers too. I'm too late for the cheese and wine, maybe I could grovel at the trunk of the tree to see if any have been dropped? x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. All comments are really appreciated and I will aim to return the compliment if you have a blog link.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.