Sunday, February 04, 2024

Sarn's Snippets!

Hi Playmates!

There's a new challenge over at the SNIPPETS PLAYGROUND with Yours Truly in charge for the next fortnight.

Here's my homework - which started life as an ATC, but morphed (like a butterfly from a chrysalis) into a full-blown A6-sized card!


The ATC that turned into the focal point of a card!

The snippets that made the original ATC!

THE DETAILS:

  • SU Island Indigo snippet, trimmed to 2½" x 3½". White ink was added around the edges then heat embossed with clear EP (mainly because that was the ONLY way I could get the white ink to stay visible!). In case you're wondering, I was using the Stamps By Me Cotton White ink pad. I am NOT having a lot of success with it and wouldn't recommend buying it, but getting white ink to show up is ALWAYS difficult!
  • A snippet from an inky/painty master board was trimmed to 2¼" x 3¼". I added more white ink heat embossing around the edges, then glued it to the Island Indigo piece.
  • Butterflies were stamped onto a white snippet then cut out with scissors and adhered to the ATC with foam pads.
  • A sentiment was added at the bottom of the greetings card.

So, why not take a look at your snippets pile, pull a few bits out and see what you can make? Then come over to play in the SNIPPETS PLAYGROUND - there's a lovely prize on offer - or you can just play for fun.

25 comments:

  1. Love this Sarn, such a lovely background snippet, goes so well with the indigo, and I love the scribble butterflies 🦋, and the white edges do make it all pop, so worth the effort xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that you repurposed that ATC, Sarn. It's also more beautiful as focal point! Amazing CAS as result! Great work with your scissors, you cut out the antennas so well!
    I have never find a white pad that works well... Neither the chalk inks.
    That sentiment is fabulous!!!
    Hugs, see you later!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to see how a small pile of snippets can morph into a super card. White inks, whether they be pens or ink pads never seem to be particularly satisfactory but using the embossing powder has solved the problem here. Great work as always.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous inky background Sarn. Think what I posted earlier just might fit in, off to see if I can do the link, that's something the voice thingie can't do for me.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Funny how things evolve in to something quite different to the project started! This is a magnificent card though

    Happy Snippet Day

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card Sarn, gorgeous colours and background … it was amazing when it was an ATC as well ! You should join in the VI ATC swap!
    Pauline xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Sarn you a fabulous creation the background is stunning another of your great makes have a cuppa reading by the swings l will be calling in shortly xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so beautifully crafted with your snippets and I love those blue colors too. The background looks sensational! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's lovely Sarn. I set out to make a certain type then end up with something else entirely. X

    ReplyDelete
  10. A lovely card Sarn - beautiful colours too.
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is quite simply beautiful Sarn I love the shades of blue and the butterfly images it is fabulous
    hugs
    lolo x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous card and love the repurposed ATC,love the scribble butterflies and great background.
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  13. That gorgeous ATC deserves to be the focal point of the card, it's absolutely beautiful! Such amazing colors and beautiful butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an amazing background. I love it and all that lovely white space in the frame. Great card xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely ATC and it made a lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Sarn

    A great finished card! I love the master board you started out with too! Gorgeous colours.

    Many thanks for your lovely comment on my blog.

    Hope you have had a good weekend.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful blue tones Sarn and a tremendous masterboard background, and the white butterflies with some script and numbers on look great, and the touches of white ink work so well. x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely as an ATC but glorious as a card! Good problem solving too with the white ink and clear embossing powder. I'd have gone to my heat embossing box and read the 'it's too much effort' label and given up!! That said, have you tried opaque white acrylic paint? Happy Monday! Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful card Sarn! Such wonderful colours as well as pretty design. I always struggle with white pens and embossing - there's a fortune waiting for whoever comes up with perfect products!

    Hugs
    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely grungy style on this card, the colours are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This lovely ATC looks fab as the centre piece for your card Sarn, beautiful.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  22. Just saw your card over at the Snippets challenge. Brilliant idea to use an ATC as your focal point, must remember that. Love the colour combo, the stamped butterflies, and the uplifting sentiment! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  23. The beautiful ATC made for a wonderful card, Sarn!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Such a lovely card with that mixed media background behind those stamped butterflies! Good way to use up some bits and pieces, too!

    ReplyDelete
  25. A really beautiful morphed card, love the background and butterflies Sarn. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. All comments are really appreciated and I will aim to return the compliment if you have a blog link.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.