Sunday, October 29, 2023

Snippets Challenge 29th Oct - 11th Nov

Hi Playmates

Well autumn is truly upon us and it's lovely to have it in full flow after a late start.

We're starting to gather wood for the Snippets Playground Bonfire Night on 5th November (next Sunday eek!), but once again, out of respect for our pets, there will not be any whizzbangs! Just the bonfire, jacket potatoes, pumpkin soup and some buttered rolls to keep us playmates warm!

A6 sized card using up snippets of black card and a gelli print

Snippet used for bird die.

I mounted a gelli print snippet measuring 1" x 3.5" onto a black snippet strip measuring a quarter inch larger all round. Then I die cut the bird from a further black snippet. Glued everything together and attached to the card front after stamping a very small text/ledger stamp by Gummiapan along the left hand edge. Decided it would make a good masculine card, so I added a Happy Birthday sentiment too.

Miss Di is in charge of the SNIPPETS PLAYGROUND for the next fortnight - so skip over there to find out what lovely prize she is offering, as well as all the details on how to enter. 

22 comments:

  1. Oh Sarn, this is absolutely fabulous! I'm loving seeing you using the Gelli printing - and the Gummiapan stamp is just a perfect foil - along with the birdie and the sentiment!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have the ability to make such elegant cards Sarn, this is another real beauty.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super make and loving the ledger stamped background

    Happy Snippet Day

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card for a man but equally handy for any adult really. Love your choice of stamps and dies to accompany that strip of Gelli print - clever stuff 😉

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card love the die-cut bird,script and gelli print strip-everything works perfectly together.
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an absolutely amazing and beautiful card this is! I just LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A fabulous card Sarn - I love your gelli print.
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the print and the text stamp, your snippets are perfect for this gorgeous card.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beauty you created here, Sarn! Love love love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The black die looks perfect against the gelli print and the stamping.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mi stupisci sempre Sarn, è incredibile come riesci a creare cards elegant ed interessanti con piccoli pezzi di carta stampati con il gelli plate e pochissimo altro. Questo uccellino si staglia così bene sulla piccola striscia e la cornice nera assieme al testo stampato sul bordo rendono tutto perfettamente armonioso.
    Sono felice che non avrete scoppi di fuochi artificiali, gli animali saranno sereni e forse anche alcune persone? Io ad esempio non li sopporto, mi innervosiscono moltissimo e odio anche l'odore che lasciano nell'aria :D LOL
    Un abbraccio

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is fabulous Sarn love the simple design the silhouette bird really stands proud. It is lovely to hear that fireworks will not play a part in your celebrations I feel for the animals so much this time of year.
    hugs
    lolo x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Brilliant composition on this one Sarn, the beautiful die cut birdie really pops against the gel plate snippet … and I love that ledger stamp!
    Pauline xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooh Sarn your card is lovely anything to do with silhouettes is good with me and that bird is stunning, nice to read no fireworks and just the Bonfire but the food sounds delicious hope it stays dry and enjoy your night xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the Halloween/Autumnal colours on this great CAS designed card.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your card today. I used to love bonfire night when the boys were young, treacle Toffee and parkin. X

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Sarn

    A great card .. .. I love it.

    Gorgeous colours and a brilliant gelli plate creation too.

    Looking back on your blog I can see you have been having lots of fun with your plates .. .. hopefully mine will be put back to good use again soon.

    Many thanks for your lovely comment on my blog .. .. .. I hope that all is well at your end.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful card, I love the layout.

    Hugs
    Anke

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very stylish design Sarn - loving the print background which echoes the shape of your panel, and just that pop of gorgeous orange.Eva and Lulu are delighted that there will be no whizzbangs but say 'Wot? No sausages?'!! Hugs, Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. All comments are really appreciated and I will aim to return the compliment if you have a blog link.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.