Hi Playmates
I've been tearing (around) again!
The likely cause is that I have been learning about junk journaling over the last few months and have been ripping and tearing up all sorts of things to make ephemera. It's very satisfying!
What's more, I found I could apply some of my newly acquired junk journal knowledge to card making. Tearing up those last snippets of patterned paper is a GREAT way to add some interest and definition. As I've left the torn edges white on a white card blank, they're not so noticeable in the photo, but you can see them easily in real life! I could have inked the edges, but I preferred to keep them plain in this instance.
![]() |
| Torn patterned paper at the edge of the card front and at the bottom of the topper. |
Di has published her RESULTS from the previous challenge, so please hop over to the SNIPPETS PLAYGROUND to admire the top picks and discover who won the prize.

Awesome card Sarn love that paper, do like a torn edge, your bins must be almost empty these days! Xxx
ReplyDeleteThis is fun and it's great how techniques can cross over from journalling to card making and vice versa. Have a ripping weekend 😉
ReplyDeleteSuper make and the colour and design of your ripped paper looks terrific with the simple stamped design - FAB!
ReplyDeleteHappy Sunday
Kathyk
Lovely card Sarn! I really like the colours of your torn paper.
ReplyDeleteThe torn edges always look great and it's no exception here on this pretty card! Loving the 2 matching torn panels going in opposite directions for a fun look!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card love the image and torn p.paper
ReplyDeletecarol x
A fabulous card Sarn and a great use of snippets.
ReplyDeleteKath x
Loving the transferrable techniques too Sarn and what a really beautiful design! Thank you for being such an inspiration :)
ReplyDeleteSending hugs and sunshine! Vicky xxx
A gorgeous card, Sarn! Great use of the patterned paper snippets! I have so many of them, really should use them more!!
ReplyDeleteCiao Sarn, la tua card è favolosa e così moderna! Amo così tanto il tearing e le due strisce sono bellissime qui! Posso vedere il bordo bianco allargando la foto, soprattutto quella del sentiment! Sei sempre così ispiratrice!
ReplyDeleteAbbracci, ci vediamo nella casa sull'albero per bere qualcosa insieme!
Fabulous card, the torn layers with the white edge look like they were stamped versus patterned paper!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card Sarn as always great use of snippets and what a nice effect with the torn paper simple beautiful x
ReplyDeleteWOW! This is gorgeous Sarn, what a fabulous image and love you used torn mags? etc. Love this.
ReplyDeleteFaith x
What a clever idea - now I know where you got the torn buzz from - super card Sarn! Love the vibrant colours against the stark black and white image - which to me looks like a hand drawn wineglass - or have I got cooling drinks too much on my mind right now?!
ReplyDeleteHugs
Di xx
Ooh, how did I miss this one Sarn?? Really love your torn Paper effects and your funky image
ReplyDeletePauline xx