Wednesday, June 14, 2023

Anyone fancy some neurographic art?

Neuro what whaaaat????

I'd never heard of neurographic art until I stumbled across a drawing on Pinterest that intrigued me!

I promise that you don't need ANY artistic skills to create the drawing below. 

Don't believe me? I knew you wouldn't, so I'm going to break it down so you can see just how easy it is to do!

  1. I drew 3 (rough) circles on the page with a black fineliner pen and shaded each using a pencil and a paper stub (but you could use your fingers to smear the pencil lead instead of the paper stub). If you want perfect circles, you could use a circle die or stencil to create them.
  2. Next I SCRIBBLED all over the place with a black fineliner pen!
  3. Then it was just a case of rounding off the corners at every intersection and filling them in. Oh, and I added a few little dots along the lines, but that's just the doodler in me being fancy - it's not necessary!

After the first go (above) I decided to GO BIG! See below for a journal page I created in my larger Dylusions art journal:

I had already created the page background with Distress Oxide inks and was wondering what to do with it. Same process as before: drew spheres, coloured them in, scribbled over everything, then rounded the intersections off (and added a few dots along some of the lines).

I prefer the first monochrome one, but I'm happy enough with this coloured version. I'll definitely be doing some more and with different colour schemes.

Want to physically SEE how it's done? Well HERE is a 4 min You Tube video showing the process. It's EASY, it's RELAXING and I urge you to have a go - bet you surprise yourself with the results. I know I did!

14 comments:

  1. Say what?! Oooooo I likey…a lot! Off to watch the u chewb ta muchly xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So effective Sarn, I'll believe you on the skills side of it.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have to say your creations are glorious, I particularly love the purple themed layout but then, you would KNOW that I would!!!

    Happy Wednesday matey

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - something NEW 😂 thanks so much for sharing. Off to check out the video. I reckon this could be a cool thing to do - in more ways than one -
    in this hot weather. Could work with a glass of something cold I guess 🤣. Good in monochrome but spectacular in purple

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH Sarn, questo è ECCEZIONALE! Sono affascinata da questa tecnica!!! Grazie mille per la condivisione!!! Entrambi stupendi ma sono d'accordo con te, quello in grigio è il mio preferito.
    Grazie davvero tanto per il link! Dopo averlo visto (ed essermi innamorata della tecnica) mi è capitato quest'altro che ti metto qui, voglio condividerlo con te perchè ho capito che c'è un valore aggiunto oltre al relax :) Davvero terapeutico!!
    https://youtu.be/EzekVI0qTcE
    Un abbraccio

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was looking at this the other day. A slightly different version- no spheres, and it just tickled me that something I did as a child ( about 9) now has a fancy name! It has made two great cards though! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are both wonderful and something I think I would like to attempt. There is a Funky fossil stencil that is a circle optical illusion that I think would also go with this idea. Thanks for the inspiration and the video link.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Easy? LOL For you perhaps but for me, I dunno? Both pages turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had never heard of neurographic art, thanks for the information and video. Very talented and like the black and white but especially your journal page, I like the shades of purple.

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW what a brilliant and hopefully easy technique I love them both but just prefer the monochrome one just that little bit more lol.
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh wow Sarn this is so creative both cards are stunning l too like the monochrome card but have to say the coloured one is just as appealing xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow this is really funky, though I think maybe you just make it look easy due to your talent 🤣🤣 I particularly love the purple journal page … fab background too
    Pauline xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Another new technique, it looks fabulous Sarn! I’m not sure mine would turn out anything like this, but I’ll be adding it to my list of things to try. xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. This looks great Sarn and very effect in monochrome and with the coloured and stamped/stencilled background. I will have to give this a go. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. All comments are really appreciated and I will aim to return the compliment if you have a blog link.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.