Hi there Snippets Playmates!
It's my turn to host a new challenge over in the SNIPPETS PLAYGROUND. Miss Di is on a mission to tidy-up and sort out her craft room, so I think we should make the most of things while she's busy don't you? I'll bring along some contraband in my satchel for you to enjoy! Feel free to come up to the Playground Treehouse for a party!
My snippets homework is a little zigzag card - which is a great way of using up long strips.
![]() |
| This measures 3" x 4" when folded up |
To make this little card: just take a long strip of card measuring 3" x 11.5" (mine was left over from an A4 piece of card) and place it on a scoreboard in landscape orientation. Score at 4", 8" & 9¾" then decorate with yet MORE snippets!
So, come and play on the Snippets Playground swings or join in with the Maypole Dancing. Miss Di will be patrolling the grounds with playground pup Dudley!

Griefy me, I'm the first here, must mark that in the diary. Black and green are very complimentary colours and draw the eye into the stylish fold.
ReplyDeleteI note the mention of Miss Di being otherwise occupied, I do hope you don't use the opportunity to create too much havoc in her absence.
B x
This is a great idea Sarn, I always have long strips left. I love the colours you’ve used, reminds me of mint chocolate, maybe it’s the yummy embossing on the dark chocolate piece! Thanks for the nudge, see you at the dance xxx
ReplyDeleteAnother great idea for using up strips of card and paper - very \attractive result too. Off to the Playground now
ReplyDeleteBrilliant fold idea for using up your snippets - great CAS look to it with the die cuts. Take care not to get tangled up in the maypole ribbons!!
ReplyDeletePauline xx
So very elegant missus, lovely design and colour choices too
ReplyDeleteHappy May to you and your readers
Kathyk
I just love this card design! I adore that branch die and still have mine too, so this may be a good reminder to get it out and use it again! Love that graphic circle border too! Beautiful card! Happy May Day!
ReplyDeleteBrilliant card Sarn! I think this style is so you - and thanks for the great tip for using up snippets!
ReplyDeleteCan you please calm Dudley down - he's been so excited today with all the dancing!
Hugs
Di xx
A fabulous fold and bold design - gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteLorraine
Oh Sarn, thanks for the great inspiration for using long strips to make a zigzag card! I have bunches of them! :D Fabulous creation, love the geometric border and the leaves, and such beautiful palette of colours, I think this card is perfect for masculine recipients!
ReplyDeleteHugs
Great use of the long strips of card and what a striking contemporary card. Love the colour combination too x. Enjoy that contraband....lol x.
ReplyDeleteSarn your card is amazing as always l love the layout and again great use of snippets x
ReplyDeleteLOVE your card and thanks for the measurement Sarn. The card is Beautifully simple and so effective. LOVE your blog background also, does this mean the dark side of you is coming out? Or are you showing us what great design is? Sorry I missed the Maypole in the Playground and today's tea party. I must do things for me for a change. Hope to see you next time.
ReplyDeleteFaith x
What a great design and as you say perfect for long snippets - I need to try this out. Sorry I missed the maypole dancing but it might have brought on my vertigo.
ReplyDeleteSuch an easy yet eye catching design on your elegant card. The maypole brings back so many fond memories of my childhood, don't think I can manage in my 40s though!
ReplyDeleteYour zig zag cards are just wonderful Sarn and I'm constantly wanting to try one myself (I will get round to it!!) I love the little leaf motif and the decorative strip in that pretty green and the sentiment fits perfectly into that little space :) I'm on my way to The Playground with Eva because I've taught her how to do maypole dancing - she HAS got it right ONCE and I'm SURE it wasn't a coincidence...! Hugs, Vicky xxx
ReplyDeleteBrilliant, I have loads of slim long snippets. See you in the treehouse, I'll bring crisps unless I've eaten them all first. x
ReplyDeleteSuper cards Sarn and I like the colour combination that you've used. I'm sorry that I've been a bad blogger of late, so just having a bit of a catch up x
ReplyDelete