Wednesday, January 13, 2021

Green & Black Snippets

Hi there . . . do you wan't to see what I've been up to in my craft room? 

Of course you do! Here's an inky A6-size card with uses up a few snippets.



The card plus the snippets that made it!


HOW TO
:

I inked up a tall, thin acrylic block with green dye ink, spritzed it with water, then stamped it onto the card front. The card base is made from 300gsm white card (from an A4 pack bought from Hobby Craft), so it takes wet stuff well!

I clapped wet hands over the card (once the ink had dried) and mopped up the splatters with blotting paper. 

I die-cut the flowers from a snippet of black card and glued them to the inky panel. For the little tab, I used an Itty Bitty circle punch by Stampin' Up! on another snippet and shaped it to make "SarnCandi". It was adhered to the tab with a foam dot for dimension.

MATERIALS:
Acrylic block
Green ink
Modern flower die from a French Company I can't remember the name of.
Itty Bitty circle punch by SU (retired)
Various snippets of card for die cutting

16 comments:

  1. A great snippets card using an unusual die shape - very modern and minimalist

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun, funky and trendy make Sarn, perfect for so many occasions too

    Happy Wednesday

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful card Sarn - I love the CAS design. I saw your comment on my blog - of course you'll go into the 'pot' for my giveaway!
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A stunning card Sarn and a lesson to us all on how to use the smallest of left over snippets.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! I think this is a stunning card, love the circle addition too, looks like a little world to me! LOVE it
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is stunning in its simplicity Sarn! The smooshed acrylic block background came out beautifully and the green and black is a very deco contrast!Hygge x 5000 today! Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh wow Sarn this is so good l just like this card and the use of snippets xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. How elegant and artsy! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving that green and black color combo with your great use of snippets!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A great shade of green which looks rally super with the black. Super CAS card.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very striking with the modern-looking flowers and the thin colorblock. The Sarn-candy is a fun touch.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Brilliantly designed, gorgeous colours. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome snippets card, unusual flower, love the tab with the Sarncandy! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Sandra

    A great use of your snippets .. .. and you still have some left now for another day! LOL!!!

    Are we going to see the full culling of all that black and the remaining green I wonder? There's a challenge!

    Enjoy your weekend.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. So elegant and what a lovely colour combo as well.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. All comments are really appreciated and I will aim to return the compliment if you have a blog link.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.