Monday, January 11, 2021

Foxy!

Hello!

Today I have a recycled card to show you.

I die-cut the fox from a shop-bought birthday card and matted it onto a snippet of orange card. I stencilled a background using brown and orange inks. Unfortunately, the orange came out yellow! Believe it or not, the stamped circles are the exact same orange ink pad as the yellow stencilling! I must remember that when brushing ink through stencils using an OLD ink pad, it comes out a significantly lighter colour than usual!

MATERIALS:

  • Aall & Create A4 hexagon stencil
  • Micro dots stencil
  • Carabelle circle stamp
  • SU Chocolate Chip ink
  • Wild Honey Distress Ink
  • Fox image recycled from a birthday card

21 comments:

  1. Great that you've recycled the foxy picture and despite the surprise on how your stencilled colours worked they all tone together beautifully and the overall effect is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely fox card. I do like the stiching effect around the rectangle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cracking upcycling project, that image was too cool to throw away, love what you did to give it a new lease of life too

    Happy Monday

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful and creative card Sarn the colour does look more orange to me not yellow and your stencilling is stunning love the fox great use of recycled images have a great day xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fabulous card - I love the stencilled background and the upcycled image.
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is lovely Sarnie! The stencilling adds that pop of interest without detracting from Mr Foxy! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sarn, this is stunning! So clever to cut Mr Foxy out with your stitched rectangle die and the stamping and stencilling really enhances the image. Funny how ink does this isn't it? Of course you did test first on a scrap piece of card didn't you? Didn't you Sarn?! *cackles like small demented hen*
    Sending hygge, Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well! well! well! who would believe it? seems we are on the same thinking track this week, of course mine isn't a patch on yours! I love the handsome fox and the corners are beautiful, a stunning card Sarn.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This all goes together so well Sarn, I really like your stenciling and great to be able to recycle that lovely Mr Foxy. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, that's beautiful.....love the stitched effect and the stencilling is perfect, great recycling too x

    ReplyDelete
  11. A great image and I can see why you decided to rescue it. Love the background, even if they did not show as you expected the are still a great match. Super card.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  12. How striking, your stenciling really brings this Fox to life!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW what a wonderful card, so beautiful ... fanstastic art.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great idea to recycle that super image, and the stencilling shows him off a treat.......doesn’t matter it wasn’t quite as you planned xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the way that you have recycled this beautiful image Sarn, such a gorgeous card.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is lovely - what a gorgeous fox image, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  17. way to recycle that awesome looking fox! Love the background stenciling too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wowser - this is so lovely. Mr Fox against your beautiful background is perfect!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh Sarn, I love this card! I'm a great fan of monochromatic style cards, but I actually like your 'happy accident' with the two tones of the ink as it gives it more depth. Most of all though I'm grateful for this idea, I have SO many birthday and Christmas cards that I want to recycle for the planet, and what you've done looks so much better than I'd have come up with, so a template for me to use now, thanks :)
    ps. This is the 2nd time I've written this comment, the first several days ago didn't work - operator error!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. All comments are really appreciated and I will aim to return the compliment if you have a blog link.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.