Wednesday, June 17, 2026

Garden Faerie

Hi there!

I took advantage of the ALLSORTS birthday discount (last month), and treated myself to a couple of AALL & Create dies. This one is Roadway Vistas Set #78. 

Here's the first thing I made with it . . . but no doubt there will be lots more as it's a pretty versatile die set. 

MATERIALS:

  • AALL & Create Roadway Vistas die used for the frame and centre panel.
  • IndigoBlu Garden Faerie stamped onto copy paper, fussy cut and stuck onto the main panel. Extra stamping and cutting for a second pair of wings. The wings have Wink of Stella painted on.
  • Distress Oxides: Shabby Shutters; Iced Spruce and Peacock Feathers for all inking and stencilling of the background.
  • Derwent Inktense pencils used to colour the faerie. 
  • Versafine Onyx Black used with the circles stamps from Funky Fossil's Tall Grass stamp set. Sprinkled with clear EP and heat set. 

I was undecided whether to add a cardboard stand to the back of this, or mount it onto a card front. In the end, I chose the card option - see below. I added some more bubbles to the card to coordinate!

As the focal stamp is called "Garden Faerie" - I thought I'd enter the current ALLSORTS CHALLENGE #851 where Brenda has chosen the theme of ANYTHING FROM THE GARDEN. Brenda has fairies playing at the bottom of her wonderful garden . . . so am hoping this will comply with the theme . . . but if that’s stretching things too far, it can always be entered under the Anything Goes option.

Delighted to have been a Top 7 Pick with this fairy card over at Allsorts:



13 comments:

  1. Just beautiful Sarn and not stretching the theme at all, in fact I'm convinced many of us have Fairies at the bottom of the garden if we look close enough. A favourite frame of mine, sure you'll get lots of use from it. Thanks so much for sharing at Allsorts.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Sarn, beautiful image, stenciling and that frame really highlights an already fabulous card. Glad you shared with us at Alsorts challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a stunning card - beautiful faerie, gorgeous grungy frame and exquisite colouring - what's not to like. Thank you for bringing this one along to the Allsorts challenge where I'm sure there are fairies at the bottom of the garden.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A gorgeous card Sarn, she is absolutely beautiful and I do love the white card base. The die was a great buy, glad you made use of the birthday discount! Thanks so much for sharing at Allsorts challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the gorgeous image and beautiful die-cut frame.
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I’ve often admired this die, you have certainly showed it off beautiful with your serene fairy. Just beautiful xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful image framed beautifully too. Love everything about it. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. So beautiful and great use of the frames in either version.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Woooow.... this is fantastic! Love the fairy!

    Hugs,
    Conny

    ReplyDelete
  10. SUPER make, loving the colour/image combo and the die background too

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous fairy card Sarn, a beautiful image and your frame is fabulous! I looked at that one when I was spending my A&C voucher but was a bit unsure how I would mat it so as to see through the frame all the way round … I love how you have matted it onto a card front. I may be tempted to revisit the store … xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sarn what a gorgeous make with a stunning stamped image and framed perfectly truly so beautiful x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. All comments are really appreciated and I will aim to return the compliment if you have a blog link.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.