Hi there!
Something a little different from me today - and it's a very PHOTO HEAVY POST - so you might want to make yourself comfortable!
A Steampunk journal made of elements from a Stamperia paper/sticker/pop-out die cuts pack called Voyages Fantastique.
I went halves on the pack with a friend, and we each made a 5” x 7” journal from it. In addition to our journals, we have also made three Steampunk Zines.
You can see more of the pocket and tag details if you enlarge the photo’s.
Here's the front cover:
| Front cover |
And here's a little flick through the inside:
| Pages 1 & 2 |
| Pages 3 & 4 |
| Pages 5 & 6 |
| Pages 7 & 8 - with a flap to be lifted to reveal what’s beneath! |
| Pages 7 & 8 showing the flap lifted so you can see the secrets beneath |
| Pages 9 & 10 |
| Pages 11 & 12 showing the additional pocket and envelope which tucks behind the collaged band as in the photo below: |
| Pages 11 & 12 |
| Pages 13 & 14 |
| Rear cover |
If you would like to see the Steampunk Zine I made using further elements from the Voyages Fantastique pack, please visit the page at the top of this blog.
Thanks for looking.
Goodness me, your awesomeness has rocketed to the next level! Love the papers, so creative, and educational, as I’d never heard of zines before. I shall have to revisit so I can feast on your tab contents, which is a fabulous way of keeping records of your artwork xxx
ReplyDeleteThis is amazing Sarn, so much detail.
ReplyDeleteLiz xx
FANTASTIC project, thanks for sharing it (and the pix) with us today
ReplyDeleteHappy Friday
Kathyk
Wow Sarn this is stunning, so creative and clever and so lovely to look at with an incredible amount of amazing detail. I love the Zines too … you are just creative and artistic. Big shout out as well that you can find time for such an intricate non-Christmas project this close to the big day,when many of us are still banging out Chrimbo cards as if our lives depend on it lol! Xx
ReplyDeleteFabulous work and what a great find this pack was - off to pop the kettle on so I can sit down and study the pics more closely. 😉😉
ReplyDeleteOne day I will make a zine. But until then I will admire the beauty you created here.
ReplyDeleteLooks like lots of time and effort went into this Sarn, but lovely finished project. Admit Steampunk always scares me a little if I have to follow that theme.
ReplyDeleteB x
Wow Sarn- this is fabulous! Like B above, it sort of scares me to venture Steampunk- but you cracked it for sure! Wonderful and cafully thought out designs and details!
ReplyDeleteHugs
Di xx
Fabulous journal!
ReplyDeleteWow Sarn another of your master pieces so effective and wonderfully done its beautiful x
ReplyDeleteAmazing project, so beautifully put together. Love it. x
ReplyDelete