Hi Playmates!
After all that chocklit last weekend, I've got some good old-fashioned jelly babies and wine gums in my satchel to keep your sugar high going this week! I also have a little flask of something to spice up your coffee too!
For my homework this week I made a DL sized card from an A4 sheet of 300gsm white card. Then I grabbed some foliage dies and set about die cutting some snippets of card. I added brown and burgundy splatters to the card front before taking time to arrange the foliage in the vase. The "vase" is simply a bit I chopped off the larger burgundy square of card shown in my snippets picture.
I'm hosting a new challenge over at the SNIPPETS PLAYGROUND for the next fortnight. So why not take the opportunity to use up some of your snippets (scraps/leftovers), then come over to the Playground for a 'show and tell' via Mr Linky.
HAPPY CRAFTING.
So stylish and beautiful! Love how this turned out!
ReplyDeleteThis is fabulous!
ReplyDeleteMight have to use it as inspiration!
Beautifully elegant again Sarn, you do them so well. Jelly Bubs (as my eldest always calls them) work fine for me.
ReplyDeleteB x
Happy Sunday Sarn, another awesome card xx
ReplyDeleteA beautifully elegant floral arrangement. Afraid I'll have to pass on the sweeties - they're not suitable for vegetarians 🙄
ReplyDeleteElegant make, love the splatters - great deployment of lots of snippets too
ReplyDeleteHappy Snippet Day
Kathyk
Totally love this Sarn, so elegant, fab colour scheme and a beautiful design xx
ReplyDeleteBrilliant CAS card, love the dies and splatters.
ReplyDeleteCarol x
Just spotted your latest additions to your Art Journal - the 'portraits' are great and I love the landscape with trees.
ReplyDeleteooh love Jelly Babies. This is a fab arty card, a lovely composition. Also those trees in your AJ are amazing.
ReplyDeleteThis looks very elegant with the rather Ikebana like look to the foliage filled vase, and love that you cut that just from a rectangle of card which works brilliantly Sarn. x
ReplyDeleteFabulous snippet card!
ReplyDeleteWhat a stunning card Sarn! So elegant and, as Pat says, a lovely nod to the Japanese Ikebana style. I love how you made such a simple vase too!
ReplyDeleteHugs
Di xx
This is one gorgeous card Sarn l love the foliage in the vase you have used the white background and splatter just finishes it of perfectly l will swop the hot chocolate for coffee sound more interesting and the gums too xx
ReplyDeleteBrilliant card Sarn, I love the design. Great use of snippets too.
ReplyDeleteHope there will be hot chocolate in the Playground too and please save me some wine gums too, especially the red and black ones. 😋
Liz xx
Oh what a wonderful card, Sarn! Love the branches and brilliant idea for the vase!
ReplyDeleteOH! This is simply elegant, love the burgundy and brown mix, A fabulous card Sarn. x
ReplyDeleteSuper elegant card Sarn, may just have to case it!
ReplyDeletePlease do! X
DeleteWow, stunning card in a Japanese style.
ReplyDelete