Sunday, January 05, 2025

13th Blogoversary Snippets Playground Challenge

Hi Playmates!

New Year . . . new challenge.

I'm hosting the SNIPPETS PLAYGROUND for the next fortnight. So why not take a look at your pile of snippets, make something with them, then enter the 'show and tell' via Mr Linky.

It's the Playground's 13th Blogoversary on 8th January 2025, and to celebrate, there is a special prize available for one lucky winner.

Shaped 60th birthday card

These are the 2 x A4 masterboards I made and used.

Masterboard Details:

  • I took two A4 sheets of 300gsm white card and used my brayer to run purple ink all over to get the first layer down.
  • The next layer was created by brushing ink around a leafy Funky Fossil mask in both blue and purple ink. 
  • I used part of the same Funky Fossil leafy stencil/mask set, but with the open stencil this time. I added green paint through the stencil - but I didn't like the effect, so I put the stencil back in place and painted over the green with white acrylic paint. 
  • The final layer was added using various stamps and VFC Twilight ink.

To create the card base:

I took a sheet of 300gsm white card measuring 11.5" x 5.75", scored the long edge at 5.75", then folded the front cover in half and folded it back on itself. I cut the masterboards into relevant panels and mounted them onto SU Island Indigo card measuring a quarter of an inch more all around the panel .

I decorated the panels by die cutting various snippets shown in the photo below. I now have snippets of the masterboards left over for future use - so watch this space! 

Dies used: Bird & Branch by The Works; Present by Gummiapan; Happy Birthday by Poppy Stamps and the numbers are by Julie Hickey.

The snippets used to decorate the card.

I hope to see you at THE SNIPPETS PLAYGROUND - where the sun always shines.

20 comments:

  1. What a fabulous background!
    Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's one very special card for the occasion Sarn, absolutely love the background and blend of colours.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Those boards are AWESOME! What a fabulous card for a special birthday, and what a special birthday for the Playground! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! the Blogoversary deserves a special card and this certainly fits the bill. Brilliant master boards and great that you explained how they were achieved and also gave measurements for the card. So much lovely detail to be seen on this card. Will be watching out for the snippets of master board 🤣

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card and well received, I am sure. Cracking idea to go over the dark leaves with the white paint too
    Happy 13th Blogversary on the 8th too
    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Sarn the background is gorgeous and the layout love the leaves, gift boxes along with the 60th again nice use of snippets.......Happy 13th Anniversary to Snippets playground great prize and only playing for fun good luck all x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this card and I'm sure the lucky recipient will love it too!
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Sarn this really is a stunner … wonderful master board with gorgeous colours and details, and fantastic how you have used it with your die cut snippets which really pop! A very special card, and many congratulations on the special Blogoversary. Now the playground is a teenager does that mean it will be more unruly than ever?? 😀🙃

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the way this fold allows you to pack so much creativity onto one card. It looks fabulous. It's been ages since I did a masterboard and inspired to do one now.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely beautiful Sarn, love how this turned out and a fabulous card fold to showcase it all.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a fun design and such a beautifully artistic looking card! Love this! Happy you've joined Miss Di to keep the Playground going!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card, great fold and love the fabulous masterboards you created.
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a special card. Just perfect for this special challenge. 13yrs is very impressive xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this card Sarn, a fabulous design. I love the colours you’ve used.
    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your card is gorgeous!! Love your colour choices and I really must try and join in this challenge! Brilliant inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a wonderful card, love the background you created. Anesha x

    ReplyDelete
  17. The masterboards you created are absolutely stunning, and the detailed explanation is so helpful. The card design is perfect for such a special occasion.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your two A4 masterboards Sarn and the layers of colour and the leafy shapes stencilling and then the added stamping gives a brilliant effect and the finished shaped card looks fabulous. I can't believe it is thirteen years since Di took over the Snippets Playground, and now with you to help her too which is great and I know that she values your support as do we all to keep this fun challenge going. x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Late Congratulations on the Snippets Playground 13th Anniversary. It's only recently that I have been acquainted with Master Boards, from Pauline. I love what you have done with yours and it's made a really lovely card. I love that you used a fold and then layered and made your card. SO beautiful. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. All comments are really appreciated and I will aim to return the compliment if you have a blog link.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.