Hi Playmates!
This week my homework comprises a card made with a "doctored" AALL & Create stamp set (#896). You can see how I took scissors to the stamps in the picture below the card! For me, the smaller hearts work better. The elongated versions were just too big!
I stamped the background with a Herringbone stamp from Stampin' Up's "Gallery Grunge" in brown ink, then added a little stencilling to the mix by brushing light green ink through a "Moroccan" stencil by That Special Touch. The heart was stamped once onto the white panel, then again on a white snippet which was cut out and added to the card front with foam pads.
![]() |
| Top row shows my cut down stamp images. Bottom row shows the original stamp details from the carrier sheet! |
Miss Di is in charge of the SNIPPETS PLAYGROUND for the next fortnight - so why not skip over there to find out what lovely prize she is offering, as well as all the details on how to enter?


Unless you know the set one would never know as it works perfectly with your revised version of the stamp, lovely 'editing' to make a pretty card.
ReplyDeleteB x
Love that background .Perfect backdrop for the Heart stamp to pop from the card as you have 3D it. Enjoyed the visit ...
ReplyDeleteLovely background to your transformed heart. I’m all for snipping a stamp when necessary 😃. Great cards plural as I seem to have missed some recently xxx
ReplyDeleteYou've certainly made a brave move in 'doctoring' these stamps - and made a grand job of it too. Love this card and it's true that sometimes stamps are just too large, the trimmed down versions are more versatile. Well done - might just approach some of my larger stamps wielding a pair of scissors 😉
ReplyDeleteFabulous card Sarn, love the stamped and stencilled background. Brilliant and very brave cutting of the heart stamps … you only had one chance to get that right!! Clearly it all worked out brilliantly xx
ReplyDeleteGreat idea to shorten the length of the heart - I like it better as well. I LOVE that grunge herringbone background too!
ReplyDeleteYou are brave in doctoring these stamps, but the results are fab. Not sure I am brave enough to do it to mine, but I do mask off bits! The resultant card is CAS perfection.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card,love the doctored hear and delicate stamped background.
ReplyDeletecarol x
Fabulous card Sarn and some amazing 'surgery' on the stamps! Very brave and with a perfect result too! Happy Snippets Sunday!
ReplyDeleteHugs
Di xxx
Your altering turned out fabulous!
ReplyDeleteIt's a CAS card with a lot of detail!
This is just wonderful Sarn what you have created with the changes is so lovely x
ReplyDeleteBeautiful CAS style card Sarn I love the background also that heart with the flower looks amazing
ReplyDeletehugs
lolo x
Super card Sarn, you've done a great job doctoring the stamps.
ReplyDeleteLiz xx
Bellissima CAS card Sarn, il cuore esce fori così bene dallo stencilled background!
ReplyDeleteVery clever snipping of stamps! Great result on your beautiful card, xxxx
ReplyDeleteTotally fab card, proving that you were absolutely right to chop down the set in order to make more use of it - well done to you
ReplyDeleteHappy Wednesday
Kathyk
A fabulous background and super alteration to the stamp, it makes it just right. Love it all. x
ReplyDelete