Sunday, February 20, 2022

Snippets Playground Challenge 422

Hi there Playmates!

Today, I'm honoured to be Miss Di's Guest Designer over at the Snippets Playground where you'll find me messing about in the Treehouse as usual.  

Had to temporarily close the Playground Treehouse due to Storm Eunice! However, it's now been deemed safe to use again, so just climb the rope ladder (or catapult yourself through the Treehouse window from the seesaw like Linby does)! Everyone is welcome, so come and relax in the comfy chairs, have a natter and share a coffee. It's decaffeinated as I can't be responsible for you lot running around like loons and causing too much havoc! There's bound to be a few biscuits or a slice of cake knocking about too! You can always bribe Playground Pup Dudley with titbits, to keep him quiet! 

3.5" x 5" card made completely from snippets.

To make this card:

I took a longer snippet of white card measuring 3.5" x 10", which I scored and folded at the 5" mark to finish up with a 3.5" x 5" card base.

I brushed brown ink through the Funky Fossil 'Caffeine Buzz' stencil then stamped the coffee cup (magazine cover gift) direct to the card front and used a little stamp from IndigoBlu's 'Be Different' set to ground the cup.

I stamped the coffee cup twice more onto white snippets and fussy cut them out. They were layered and stuck to the card front with foam pads. The mag cover gift included a die for the lid, so I die-cut one and stuck it on with foam pads. Finally, I glued a little heart to the cup front and called it done!

I will be round to visit you if you entered via a blog. Sorry, but I am unable to leave you a comment if you enter through any other form of social media.

If you've made a card using snippets (scraps) then why not pop along to the SNIPPETS PLAYGROUND - where the sun always shines. It's a friendly challenge and the rules aren't difficult to follow. This challenge will end at 11am on Saturday, 5th March and there are TWO chances to win a lovely Tattered Lace die.


28 comments:

  1. Fabulous coffee card, like the dimension and colors, great design too. What would we do without coffee in the morning?

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW wonderful coffee card ...

    Hugs
    Anke

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant card for a coffee addict and just right for the Snippets challenge

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your gorgeous card a Latte Sarn.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant card Sarn. I do love all the detailed work you put into the stencilling and stamping. Your photo really shows the depth perfectly. Delighted to have you as GD!

    Hugs
    Di
    Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card Sarn..........but ugh.....no caffeine??!!........may have to bring contraband haha xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Suppose Di and I can cope with ONE loon running around!!!! Xxx

      Delete
  7. A wonderful card for a coffee addict Sarn, the dimension on the coffee cup makes it look as if you could take a sip.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card Sarn is amazing and congratulations beings Snippets playground guest designer you certainly provided a stunning card enjoy your day l will meet you for a coffee shortly at the playground xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. A super card Sarn, you've done Miss Di proud with this one, I do hope you get a gold star or even a prefects badge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fab card, Sarn! I do love that you're serving decaf since it's all I drink these days. Well, it's the only non-alcoholic thing I drink. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  11. A Wonderful card Sarn, love the colour mix and design. Sorry can't come to the playhouse, it's like Eunice has made a return visit today! Travelling is a little hairy!
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here too!!! Roof repair still holding thank goodness! X

      Delete
  12. A totally fab card, Sarn, Congrats on your GDTM slot too ... shame about having to close the playground but glad it's open again. What with Storms Dudley, Eunice and now Franklin ... I'm fed up of this high winds - hopefully it will calm down soon. Stay safe out there peeps

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous 3D effect with the pretty coffee cup and loving the stencilling on the background. What a fun post and glad the playhouse is open again and no damage! x.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning card Sarn ... really love your colour combo with these stamps, and the steniclling. I think my blog needs to get itself caffeinated, as yours is one of the blogs where any comments made from my ipad now disappear ... so there is liable to be a delay unitl I heave myself up the stiars to my PC in the study! Hope the treehouse is still standing after Storm Franklin!!
    Pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this card, Sarn! I already commented over at the Playground but wanted to leave some love here as well! There's just something about coffee-themed cards that makes me happy! I'm enjoying the coffee over at the Playground too! Have an awesome day!

    ReplyDelete
  16. what a fun coffee card! I love how you put this together with all the good things that go with a good cuppa joe! I think I saw someone swinging on a vine from the treehouse recently. Was that you??

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is a lovely card and I nearly missed my coffee in the tree house as storm Franklin came along and as I catapulted in I was thrown slightly off course!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hope Linby is okay! It's a good thing she didn't have a dress on or she would have been airlifted into town! Just leaving a note here, too, Sarn, to let you know I love your card! I had a laugh when you talked about loons ...! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love that cup & how you grounded it, Sarn! Great card! Thanks for keeping things going in the Playhouse. A comfy chair with a cup of coffee & a bit of cake sounds pretty darn inviting!

    ReplyDelete
  20. It was fun reading your post, Sarn! Your card is beautifully done. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a beautiful coffee themed card Sarn! I love the way you 3D-ed the coffee 'go cup' and the background is fabulous. Hugs, Vicky xxx

    PS I don't think it's the caffeine that's the issue, it's those little tots of Baileys!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the 3-D effect and the little heart on the coffee mug!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such a beautiful creation, Sarn! Love the coffee theme of course! (But's it's got to be caffeinated for me LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  24. It's a wonderful 3d effect om the cup and I love all the elements. I'm not allowed caffeine so that's perfect. lol

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. All comments are really appreciated and I will aim to return the compliment if you have a blog link.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.