Wednesday, June 18, 2025

Something a little different . . .

Hi there!

Today I have a couple of things to share with you.

First, I made an art journal page having watched THIS VIDEO:

Double page spread in my Dylusions A4 sized art journal.

Then I used the same method to make a card, by shortening the length of the figure so it would fit!

5 x 7 card

Card Details:

  • Various acrylic paints were randomly applied to the 300gsm white card in different layers and some were wiped off through stencils.
  • Once the paints were dry, I stamped all sorts of grungy stamps over the pages using VFC Nocturne ink.
  • While the ink was drying, I drew a figure on a piece of cardboard packaging and cut it out. Once the ink was dry, the mask was placed on the painted & stamped surface facing to the left while I added white paint around it. The mask was flipped over to face the other way while I added more white paint around it!
  • Once the white paint was dry, I outlined the figures with a white gel pen, just to tidy them up.
  • I ran a gold calligraphy pen around the edges of the main panel before gluing it to the card front.
Both card making AND art journaling make me happy, not to mention all that stamping and getting messy with acrylic paints in the process . . . so, I'm running along to the current ALLSORTS CHALLENGE 825 to join in with their WHAT MAKES YOU HAPPY theme (entering just the journal spread).

13 comments:

  1. Smashing effect and I just bet it was fun to make too

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant journal page and card - terrific fun. Enjoy seeing what sort of thing makes you happy so thanks very much for sharing this inkiness with us on the current Allsorts challenge and for going along with the happy theme.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Incredible arty vibe to this art journal spread and card Sarn - amazing master board with the multi colours and grungy stamping xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know just how much I LOVE this, it's beautiful... xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great AJ page and card. I haven't done this technique for ages, thanks for the reminder. Thanks also for sharing with us at Allsorts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great art journal pages and matching card! Glad you joined us at Allsorts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous journal page and card- love the sound of that technique...and the look of the results!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great journal page and card, great technique and love all the figures.
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow they look amazing Sarn. Must check out your video as it's a technique I know nothing about!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Unique and so beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing at Allsorts challenge!
    Ellie
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW! Both a very creative Sarn, love the colours of the design and the hand drawn images. SO clever. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This journal page is so bright and pretty Sarn and the added white using the background beneath as the image works well...an interesting look. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. So beautiful and creative gorgeous colours Sarn and drawings you created beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. All comments are really appreciated and I will aim to return the compliment if you have a blog link.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.